DIY Porthole


Hey guys! Monday is here and I am going to show you how to make this cute ship window or it is called a porthole. This is a great decor piece for any room in your house. A great idea is to make a little reading nook and hang it up there. So let's get started on making this porthole! 

Step 1: 
Gather your supplies:
A circle clock (or a circle shaped frame), 3 shades of blue, 2 pieces of paper (or 1 very large sheet of paper), a paint brush, a pencil, and a pair of scissors.






Step 2:
Take your paper, your scissors and the circle paper that is usually in your frame or old clock.  Trace that circle on to your paper so that it is the same size. Cut out your circle.







Step 3:
Take your paints and circle cut out paper and start off painting dark blue at the bottom and keep painting lighter colored blues as you go up. Stop when you get half way. This will be our ocean of our porthole.






Step 4:
Let your paint dry completely before placing into your frame. And your done! Hang onto the wall or place it onto a shelf and you will feel as if you are on a ship out at sea looking out the porthole.







I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know if you make this craft because it always makes my day when I find out someone tried out one of my crafts! Let me know in the comments what you would like to see next and I will do my best to make it happen! Have a great day and I'll see you next Monday! -BloggerGirl



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

where did the time go?

DIY Keyboard/Piano